At Born 2 Learn Preschool, our PK2 program provides a more structured setting for learning and social and emotional growth. The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos is used to teach social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development. With this curriculum, teachers can respond to the individual needs and learning styles of all children.
- Our bilingual class, taught in English and Spanish, brings the themes of early childhood to life.
- A nurturing and loving atmosphere is provided for our PK2 Class.
- Music and art activities are planned to promote creative development and self-expression, as well as to stimulate brain activity.
- Gross motor skills are supported through throwing, kicking, climbing, balancing, jumping, running, marching, and playing outdoor games.
- Potty Training and other self-help habits are woven into the daily routine to develop autonomous, self-reliant individuals.
- Teachers focus on developing the fine motor skills and hand strength that are essential for future success in handwriting and scissor skills.
- Fine motor skills are developed through the use of painting, cutting, threading, tweezing, completing puzzles, and through the use of buttons, zippers, and snaps.
- Pre-writing skills are taught through using a crayon for drawing scribbles and lines (vertical, horizontal, curves, and circles.)
- Our teachers support these emerging concepts through positive reinforcement and constant praise.
- Two Year Olds often go through a “language explosion” at this age, speaking in complete sentences seemingly from one day to the next. We know, however, that this language has been engrained in the child’s thought processes for some time, and it is joy to see how much their personality changes when they begin to express themselves verbally!
- Our curriculum for Twos includes an enriched vocabulary through literature, special concepts, and thematic units such as transportation, animals, insects, weather, seasons, holidays, and more.
- Early mathematics activities build the foundation for future mastery of number skills and logical thinking.
- Variety of activities in the areas of number sense, geometry, simple measurement, and reasoning.
- Shape and Color Recognition lead to the introduction of concepts such as patterns.
- Number recognition and number value activities (from numbers 1-9) to teach children the concept each number has a unique set of properties.
- Students are taught pre-reading skills to prepare them for our advanced preschool curriculum.
- At Born 2 Learn Preschool, we have the utmost respect for a child’s development and follow developmentally appropriate practices, while exposing them to data that will plant the seeds of academic knowledge in their minds.
- A gradual introduction to letter recognition and beginning word sounds is taught through Circle Time games and one on one interaction.
- Students begin to practice word recognition skills through interacting with color words, their first name, classmates’ names, and environmental print.