3 years to 5 years old
The PK3 Program at Born 2 Learn Preschool is a literacy rich program that has been designed to give our students a superior academic base supported with social and emotional development. Using the Creative Curriculum for Preschool children are enabled to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills. The students are encouraged to use their thought process to solve everyday occurrences in the classroom. Teachers give students the opportunity to elaborate and explain their ideas, opinions, thoughts, predictions, needs, works of art, and actions. They are also constantly presenting them with questions and situations that enable them to develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Our classrooms have been designed and decorated to expose our students to various learning situations and centers. They are easily adjusted to provide for individual, small group, and whole group activities. In addition, each group individually visits two main centers outside their classrooms 1) art, creativity and music 2) library, literacy and communications. Each of these specialized centers is used for whole class activities and is also further subdivided into smaller units to allow children to choose their focus of interest within each group. Aside from, these main centers, each classroom includes the following areas of play and learning:
Within this engaging learning environment, our preschoolers thrive along with caring teachers that interact and guide them.
- Pencils are used for beginning handwriting of letters, numbers, first name, and shapes by tracing and replication.
- Our students progress from tracing to writing exercises such as copy work, where students copy a series of letters or words independently.
- Fine motor skills development is necessary to build the finger strength and dexterity necessary for proper pencil grip. We work on this through the use of gluing, printmaking, cutting straight lines and figures, sculpting, pouring, and threading.
- Introduction to reading and phonics.
- Our curriculum highlights include recognition of all letters and letter sounds (including the identification of vowels) as well as word recognition through reading color words, number words, classmates names, and over 40 additional sight words which are pulled from the literature they read as a group.
- Upper case and lower case letters are both taught due to research that suggests that lower case letters are seen (and read) 80% of the time.
- Our curriculum goes beyond rote memorization techniques to include literacy components which highlight parts of speech and vocabulary.
- Children engage in language activities such as matching capital and lower case letters, identifying rhyming words, and counting syllables.
- Our Mathematics component is a skills based program that approaches each learning goal through a variety of activities.
- Number skills taught include recognition of numbers 1-20 and the association of their corresponding values.
Diverse Lesson Plans
- Lesson plans are customized to strengthen the weak areas of every child.
- Through tri-annual formal assessments of each child, our teachers can mold lessons to ensure academic growth for each child.
- In addition to traditional academic subjects, art projects are created each day using a variety of materials and supplies to support creative development and self-expression.
- Gross motor skills are supported through both indoor and outdoor activities such as throwing over hand, catching with two hands, and balancing on one foot.
The center will provide breakfast, lunch, and snack for all preschoolers including milk. All meals are provided by a registered dietician / licensed nutritionist and have been specifically designed to meet the balanced nutritional needs of preschool aged children. You will receive a monthly menu including a brief nutritional breakdown. Lunch is delivered fresh daily to the center and is served family style in each classroom.
After a morning of fun and learning, children naturally need to regroup, reflect, and rest. During our preschool “quiet time”, children may choose to nap, read silently in their mats, or simply lay quietly. It is the part of the preschool day in which each classroom is transformed into a peaceful environment where children learn to appreciate and respect each other’s rest time.
So happy with Born 2 Learn and the attention teachers give to my daughter. They send updates with photos every day and my daughter couldn’t be happier going to school. The new owner has revamped the school and is bringing her knowledge and continued education studies to Doral. After moving from West Miami we were sad to be leaving A sunny Start preschool which is the owners first school and couldn’t be happier they have expanded to their 3rd school in Doral.